Monday, September 24, 2007

Another Blog

In case anyone simply checks this instead of my Xanga as well, I'm starting up a new blog devoted to writing. I want to do more expression of myself, separate from philosophy and prosaic accounts of my life, but I feel rather unskilled. As such, I would greatly appreciate comments, including positive (I need at least a little ego boost every now and then), but especially critical (I'm mostly concerned with becoming skilled, and I haven't done much creative writing since high school). I'm using Xanga for the time being as it'll hopefully be easier to join a community than with Blogger; if this doesn't work, I'll switch it over to a Blogger account. So, without further ado, visit http://www.xanga.com/candlelitmuse, or simply add candlelitmuse to your Xanga subscriptions.

1 comment:

S. Coulter said...

In response to your comment (responding to my comment on an earlier post of yours):

Different areas will be very different church wise I suppose. We're very lucky (or providentially blessed). In some ways I feel Mennonites are the best of both worlds. The emphasis is not on formulated doctrinal statements, but they are pretty much in agreement with evangelical Protestantism on the things evangelical Protestants typically and officially define themselves by. Yet there is room for much freedom. For example, while the Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective is explicit on matters such as believer's baptism, and an anti-abortion and anti-capital punishment stance, I think there is room for lots of diversity within the denomination on these points (it isn't really a tightly structured, authoritarian denomination anyhow). I know there is a diversity of views politically, and on the interpretation of scripture, as well--both from personal conversations with people in my congregation and from my reading of Mennonite scholars.

If you ever get curious or interested in Mennonites, I suggest _Beliefs: Mennonite Faith and Practice_ by John D. Roth.