Sunday, January 27, 2008

On Theses, Grad Schools, and Books

My advisor is done with my thesis now, so I'll have to look over that. Of course, the chapters which I thought were simply collections of quotes he thought "flowed together well," and the chapter which I thought was the best one was "a bit difficult to understand." I'll be interested in reading through his more specific comments. I know that I'll need to practically rewrite the introduction and conclusion (I needed to have something in their place before turning in this draft), and I still need to figure out where I want one chapter to lead (which will also determine where exactly the thesis itself leads).

In other news, I'm getting close to sending in my last grad school application, to Marquette. I have all the stuff already, I just need to reread my paper and statement of purpose. It feels nice to have everything put together half a month before it's due (but don't worry; I promise not to make a habit of it). On the flip side, I already got back a rejection letter from Northwestern. Maybe the fact that I got my transcripts in 2 weeks late had something to do with it.

And now for something completely different. I found the most awesome book ever in Border's yesterday. I'll give a blurb from it, and give ... ummm... props to anyone who can guess the book:

At tunc quies est erepta!
Tota domus est correpta
Tum tumultu, tum fragore!
Tremeduni nos pavore,

Conspicamur nunc intrantem
Limen nostrum nunc calcantem
Cattum quendam Petasatum
Numquam nobis exspectatum!

No comments: